A downloadable game for Windows
Something sinister happens in Saint Bernard, a place completely insulated by the hand of God, where the evil of society abounds and hope for peace has been lost.
The darkness of the night is so deep that it would be difficult to illuminate it, only that person who has faith and hope can discover the truth and will reach the end of the trail. Where the stories of paranormal entities are more than just stories.
I'm a solo developer working on my free time in my "Insulation" project. The game is free for anyone to enjoy, and if you want to make a donation to support my work it will be of great help to me. If you'd like to support me financially, consider leaving a donation in PayPal. It would also be helpful if you consider sharing the game with your friends and family.
NEW VERSION 1.1.0 AVAILABLE
- Bug fixes.
- Checkpoints implementation.
- Adding improvements.
1. Extract 'Insulation.rar'
2. Open the folder and launch 'Insulation.exe'
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I really liked this game, had a lot of puzzles, good spooks, weird random horror thingies, awesome sound and graphics... I can't wait to see the full game if you decide to complete it!
Thanks for the invitation buddy :)
Thank you very much for accepting the invitation and playing my game! Your video was very funny. Thank you very much for your support.
Played your game and I liked it, really liked the dogs and the sound it makes when you die, made me laugh :D
I can allready tell that you've put in a lot of work AND love, and that last one is an ingrediënt most games miss these days.
Can't wait to play the finished game!
Thank you very much for the nice words, that's worth a lot to me. I appreciate you playing my game.
Cool game. Lots of simple puzzles is a nice way to go.
Thank you very much for playing my game, I had a lot of fun with the gameplay! I'm glad you liked it. You are the first person I see who manages to achieve the alternative ending. Again, thank you very much for playing.
Lovely Game, I am making a lets play series out of it since I died twice in the game lol.
Here's Part 1:
Thank you very much for playing my game and for your opinion of it. That's worth a lot to me, I'm glad you liked it.
This was a lot of fun! Great puzzles, and a few good scares along the way! Great game! Here's my playthrough:
Thank you very much for playing my game. I had a lot of fun watching your gameplay, especially in the last scare. I'm glad you liked Insulation, thanks for your feedback and support.
AMAZING! Very good game man!
Muchas gracias por jugar mi videojuego. Eres el primer latino que sube un gameplay. Me divertí mucho con el video. Hace poco actualicé Insulation, añadí checkpoints y otras mejoras, así como algunas luces, lo cual facilita saber dónde usar la pieza dorada. De nuevo, muchas gracias por jugar.
Gave it a go...(BEFORE UPDATE)
Thanks for playing! I'm sorry you couldn't complete the game, a few days ago I updated and implemented checkpoints and added some improvements. I also included some lights in dark areas.
Remember that even if you want you can complete the game without fear of death or complete the alternate ending. Now it is easier to discover where to use the gold piece.
Something about the early moments of the game just ruined the whole experience for me. It took me what felt like forever to find the early maze. And from there the game did pick up, and had all that I expect from indie horror. But it was too late, I had already lost interest and couldn't regain it. I feel like I made a good bit of progress, but I really don't know how far I made it in the game before I had to put it away. I do appreciate all the work in this game however, and the urge to put so much story in it. But there should also be a fine line between how much you read and how much you play. Too much reading can ruin the experience as well.
This is the 5th game in the video
Thank you very much for playing my game and for the feedback.
True, the game at the beginning is very slow. And as you say, there is too much reading, I wanted to detail the story so much that I didn't realize how many pages to read, which slows the game down. But then grab the rhythm and horror.
You were close to reaching the final part. Today I updated the game, made some improvements and added checkpoints, since that was necessary, because I know it is frustrating to die and have to play it all over again.
Thanks again for playing.
Insulation FPS Puzzle Horror v1.0.1 is a good frightening adventure game. I love it. Mazes are not much complicated. I couldn't complete the game because of I've pushed the wrong button. So couldn't use some objects and rescue myself. Pros: Smart AI and puzzle concepts are awesome. Good bg music and sound effects are awesome. Cons: No. Additions: Some weapons for survive and game saving system are expected.
Thanks to the Josthin Contreras, keep going, Good Luck!
Thank you very much for your analysis and your beautiful words. Too bad you couldn't complete the game. Feel free to complete the alternative ending, there is a small hidden door in the patio where the bell is, to open the door you need to poison the dog and get the golden piece.
Every time I try to download the game it buffers for ages and eventually crashes. Is there any way I can stop thi from happening?
How weird. You should try using a different browser, or maybe the problem is your internet connection.
As Usual Gameplay from Z9ZGAMES Channel!!
With All Thanks to the Creator of the Game!!
Hi, as promised, I played your game and here are my thoughts:
- I like the idea with the achievement system.
- Controls was easy to use
- I didn’t encounter any major bugs.
- I like the idea with the puzzles. I would recommend you to add some more.
- Sound effects/ambience and atmosphere were great.
- Your effort in creating the game with writing / story.
- Some lighting behaviors. Example: Shine effect on the grass from the bonfire (minor issue, not game breaking).
- A bit too dark
- Too much reading stuff (Personal opinion).
- I had some trouble, when trying to interact with objects(books).
- You could make it possible to pick up books/notes.
- Mouse behavior was a bit strange. It was like it used acceleration even though I didn’t.
- I couldn’t avoid the dog, even if I turned off my light. Maybe I did it wrong.
- If you can die, you will have to implement a save/load game function, otherwise the game becomes frustrating. I will suggest you disable the “death” functionality, until you find another solution.
Overall, a decent game. I had a good time playing it.
Keep up the good work!
Thank you very much for the feedback.
- The game is dark when the graphics are low or medium, so I implemented the screen brightness option to fix it.
- As for the story and the reading is true, I tried to make it so detailed that I got longer with the documents and it can be long to have to read them, because it cuts the experience a bit.
- The factor of saving the game or having checkpoints is very true, having to spend the entire game to die in the final part can become a bit frustrating. I could not implement it because the development time was too extended for me, all I could do was notify the player at the beginning of the game.
Thank you very much for your analysis, where you highlighted the good things and the improvable things.
Hogan is not a nice dog...
Insulation was a pretty good game. By then end I was just dead tired and couldn't solve a puzzle to save my life! 😂😂😂
Full Gameplay+Ending.....Love to see this game, enjoyed a lot :)
Was able to complete the game, that was a serious scare indeed.